Create beautiful designs in your front yard, back yard and garden with the help of these innovative outdoor tile ideas.
Designing a new look for the house can be quite interesting. However, do not stay limited to the interior. There are many ways in which the outside can be developed. One of these ways is to come up with outdoor tile ideas. There are plenty of spaces that can benefit from tiling. Let us find out what can be done with them.
How Can I Put Outdoor Tile Ideas to Good Use?
There are three main parts of the house that can be tiled when working outdoors. These are the entrance to the house, the patio and a path between the gardens. If you happen to have an outhouse or a shed, the entrance can be tiled easily as well.
- Entrance To The House – Having an entrance that knocks the socks off people’s feet is the best. The best tiles for outdoors are the ones that can create such an effect. Whether it is done with the help of a theme or color, outdoor tiles for entrances are quite easy to create.
Some of the more popular styles for the entrance are Victorian tiles. These create an old fashioned feel and require intensive professional effort, but are worth it. Other than that, there are modern outdoor tiles, which create a stained glass effect or geometric patterns.
- Outdoor Tile Patio Designs – Most patios are either inlaid with brick or wood. Having tiles instead is a new addition and looks unique. As with any tile design, your imagination is the key. All you need is to make sure that a layer of concrete is put for added durability.
There are many themes and designs to choose from. You can create a rustic patio that matches with the rest of the furniture. Otherwise, a sleek and modern design for the minimalist is suggested. If your children intend to turn it into a play area, then add colored or child- friendly tiles to keep them busy.
- Outdoor Garden Tile Path – Having a path winding down the garden can be a brilliant sight. It is also a lovely way to use your outdoor tile ideas and designs. Pick out a path and get ready to fill it up with the tiles of your choice. Make sure they are weatherproof, and can withstand the extreme weather in your city.
Ideally, a beige path running down the green looks the best. However, you can change it as per your liking. A Wizard of Oz inspired road or a colored beach like path – you can create just about anything.
What Materials Are Best For Outdoor Tile Designs?
There are some materials available at the moment. You can go for porcelain, limestone, ceramic, terra cotta, marble or even slate. However, you should consider the following:
- Weather – The tiles should suit the general climate and extreme weather.
- Wear & Tear – Pick tiles that can withstand a lot of pressure if your design isn’t purely decorative.
- Quality – Pay for quality and you will be glad. Get professionals to do the installation so that you never have to worry about the outdoor tiling.
When it comes to creating designs with outdoor tiles, the sky is the limit. Take some time and enjoy the process of finalizing your outdoor tile ideas. You will be the happiest person at the end of it all.