There are many options nowadays when it comes to flooring, however, in spite of that solid wood flooring have stood the test of time and still survives strong to be one of the primary options of luxurious flooring. While there are both supporters and non-supporters of wooden flooring, it is true that one can never overlook the gorgeous and classy appeal of wooden floors. Exclusive polish, classic wooden finish and the smooth texture enhance the comprehensive ambiance of any interior be it an office or a house. Wooden flooring is often associated with elegant flooring options available in the market. Right from mahogany to teak, rosewood and sandalwood, there are varieties of hardwood that you can choose to make the floor of your rooms sturdy and long-lasting.
Here you will come across the diverse range of advantages which comes along with wooden flooring and also the disadvantages so that it becomes easier for you to decide whether you should opt for wooden flooring or not.
What are the Advantages of Wooden Flooring for Your Domestic Environment?
Though only expert floor installers with prior experience of installing solid wooden planks for flooring can handle installation, yet if you have the assistance of right knowledge and tools installation is quite easier compared to other flooring options in the market.
It is the extensive durability and strength for which wooden floors are known. Moreover, though wooden floors can get scratched or spotted, it can be easily removed with the help of a spot remover. Besides this, good quality woods are pretty tough and it requires a lot to put a dent in it or to crack it even.
Maintaining wooden floors is quite easy compared to other floors. All you need to do is a weekly sweeping and sometimes you need to vacuuming and dry mopping. You cannot afford to do wet mopping since it can create watermarks and wood sometimes soaks water and may result in dampening of the wood, decay, etc. However, one of the vital advantages of wooden floors is that they are highly stained resistant and even if you spill any liquid, all you need to do is wipe it off or else you get cleaners in the market as well.
Advantages at a Glance
- It offers an exclusive elite appearance and enhances the aesthetic essence of your interiors.
- Instead of diminishing in respect of appearance, the appeal of wooden floors tends to increase over time.
- High-end durability and longevity offer optimum ROI, that return on investment.
- Being exclusively organic in nature and being non-electromagnetic in the characteristic appeal they do not attract molds, dust, allergens and offer a healthy interior.
- Laminated floors, tiles etc are prone to easy damages on fall of by objects; however, hardwood or solid woods are highly damaged resistant and does not get damaged easily.
Disadvantages of Solid Wood Flooring
- Since the polish of wooden surfaces may diminish with regular use, therefore wooden floors call for routine polishing after every 5 to 6 years. However, this duration may vary as per the extensive usage, the traffic on the floors actually determines the rate polish deterioration.
- Though you do not need much maintenance for cleaning the floor however you need to maintain regular maintenance to protect the floors from termite attacks.
- However, it is always advisable to use non-acidic cleaners and liquids on the floor, so that the wood does not corrode very easily.
Therefore, though there are few disadvantages which are common to any type of flooring, yet wooden flooring till date is considered to be an elite choice among flooring options.