Gone are the days when a simple patio and a few chairs were enough for most people when creating an outdoor living space for their home. A more thoughtfully designed area is the trend for 2019. You need an outdoor living area where you can happily entertain family and friends. It's important to be creative with your ideas, but it also helps to know what the latest trends are so that you have some inspiration.
Once you know what you want, you can make changes to your yard yourself, or you can hire a professional to do some, or all, of the work. So, what are the 2019 trends to know about in order to help you get started?
Combining landscaping materials with nature
- We are living in a world where people are learning to be eco-friendlier. This ethos has begun to influence the world of gardening. One of the biggest trends to emerge from this is the merging of nature with landscaping materials. You can choose plank-style pavers which help to blur lines between plants and paving if they are placed in the right way. You can also cut porcelain pavers into small pieces and place the pieces amongst plants in your yard.
Shades of grey
- Gray, in various shades, is the big colour for outdoor living spaces in 2019. The traditional charcoals are still popular, but many people are blending grey with beige, to create 'greige' surroundings. Doing this gives you the best of both worlds. You get the natural feeling of grey combined with the warmth that beige conveys.
Larger pavers with cleaner lines
- Having an outdoor living area with a clean and level feel is popular with many people. It can make the perfect place for social gatherings on long summer evenings. One of the best ways to achieve this is to use extra-large pavers, or plank-style pavers to create the floor area.
Cosiness and comfort
- It can be good to have a smaller, cosier space for outdoor living. This is ideal if outside living is reserved for simple relaxation with family and a few friends. If you want to create a cosy area, you may want to think about creating a fire pit to gather around. It makes an excellent focal point for your outside space and helps you to follow the trend of cosy outdoor living.
The minimalist look
- If you want to have a practical and great looking outdoor living space that is easy to maintain, you will love the 2019 outdoor living trend of minimalism. Choose large granite slabs to create clean lines. You may want to pair the use of granite with stainless steel furniture and cooking areas, to create a modern feel to your outdoor space.
- Outdoor living is a personal experience. You need to choose the features which you and your family enjoy. The trends we have mentioned can help spark your imagination, allowing you to create the impressive outdoor living space you are looking for.